Tuesday, May 22, 2012

R1P3D4 - going good!

So yesterday AM I got on the scale and was 193.6 again (gain of 0.4) and then this AM I was back down to 193.2 (loss of 0.4). I would be totally happy to stay right here at 193! :)

Yesterday evening I  got my first 'reward' tattoo for getting under 200 lbs again. It's Philip's footprint on top of my right foot and I LOVE it! I was in a rush to get there after work so I had dinner at McDonald's. I researched ahead of time and just got two plain hamburgers and a side salad with ranch dressing on the side. I ate the burgers with no buns and ate the salad with very little (seriously, like a teaspoon total) dressing since I checked the ingredients and it had sugar in it. I came home from the parlor and I was starving! I didn't know what to do but I knew I needed more protein. I weighed out 8 ozs of 0% Fage greek yogurt and mixed it with 50 grams of blueberries and a few drops of vanilla stevia. Yum! I was worried about what that would do to my weight but apparently it was just fine! :)

So today I had my P3 smoothie for breakfast again (Jay Robb protein powder (vanilla), 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 50 grams of blueberries, 100 grams of strawberries, 100 grams of spinach, and the juice of one lemon). For lunch, I had scrambled up 2 eggs with 2 egg whites and ate it with guacomole and tomatoes. My snacks were a cucumber and an apple. Dinner tonight was pork sausage stuffed mushrooms with shredded mozzarella on top and whipped cauliflower. Figured it was about time to try a mashed potato replacement. It was delicious! I made it with half and half and parmasean cheese. David really enjoyed dinner tonight and that made me happy.

I am still not getting enough protein each day but at least my calories are up a bit. I think today I hit like 1100 calories. Protein was about 75 grams which is ok, not great. I am going to do research on how I can step up on the protein side.

Phase 3 is so much more prep work and planning. Having to eat everything fresh takes a lot of planning and preperation. It's the right thing to do though, I know that and I am pleased with it. Just a change for sure. I am used to being lazy for lunch and just grabbing a frozen meal. Breakfast was easy with a greek yogurt and oatmeal and then I made dinner. Now I am having to prep and make every meal! I know once I can find a good set of recipes I can make more of each recipe so I can keep a good supply going for lunches, etc. I think I am going to do shrimp tomorrow night. Quick and easy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment